the CSR risk management platform for globalized production systems.
ResponsibleSupplyChain.eu/textile: a central repository for sector specific information and knowledge on CSR for the textile and clothing industry. The hosting site for the first specialized tool for CSR risk management in the Textile and Clothing industry
Responding to clear sectoral needs: an Elegant Simplicity to effectively manage an important and complex issue such as CSR
Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability in general are topics of growing importance in the global manufacturing industry. This trend will not change in the future. Companies must do things right. This is the real meaning of Corporate Social Responsibility. Having responsibility and acting responsibly. And it helps your business!
The European Textile and Clothing sector, mostly composed of SMEs is seeking innovative ways to comply with the growing number of requirements from customers and legislators CSR related labelling and certification schemes are also proliferating rapidly, making it difficult for brands and companies to orientate.
We respond to a clear need for companies’ support, in particular for SMEs to effectively and efficiently manage CSR and sustainability issues along the Textile and Clothing supply chain
Improving performances of the supply chains through managing Corporate Social Responsibility related issues.
RSC provides a structured support, to allow Textile Clothing companies (in particular SMEs) to strategically and autonomously manage a fast changing and complex issue, such as CSR.
The European Social partners of the T&C industry, with the support of the European Commission have therefore developed this platform and the innovative Risk Management Tool, meant to allow the identification and management of CSR-related risks along the Textile and Clothing supply chain, with a special focus on SMEs.
ResponsibleSupplyChain.eu promotes the adoption of good practices along the supply chains deployed around the globe, promoting the adoption of CSR good practices around the globe, through an holistic approach based on key principles inspired by ISO 26000:
- Human Rights
- Labour Practices
- Fair Operating Practices
- Consumer Issues
Our model and methodology
A solid and consolidated methodology, to allow proper and efficient CSR Risk Management
We have defined the risk in a way that is clear and easy to understand: “Effects of non compliance to CSR principles and requirements on the textile and clothing supply chains”. In other words: what would happen if unsustainable behaviours are identified in my supply chain?
To answer this question, we have also developed a solid methodology for the:
• and Management of risk.
All these steps have been included in our Risk Management Tool: web based, self-guiding, easy to understand and easy to use.MORE
We have developed the sole and only CSR Risk Management tool, specifically designed for the Textile and Clothing industry
The Risk Management Tool is intuitive self-guiding. The process is based on 3 sequential steps: Risk Assessment, Evaluation of Results, Risk Mitigation. The Risk assessment module provides at the end of the process a company report that defines the CSR-risk profile of a supplier (or group of suppliers) for a given company. Results are expressed in detailed reports that are also guiding companies on how to act for risk mitigation The Risk Mitigation module, provides a set of suggestions and supporting documents for corrective actions. But it is an autonomous decision of the company to value the possibility of favouring mitigation/corrective actions with the view of reducing CSR risks; be it from a reputational point of view, on a legal base or on economic terms. The tool allows quantifying the effects of non-compliance to CSR principles and requirements inspired by ISO 26000 on the supply chain in which the company is involved. It is conceived and developed according to a set of internationally recognised standards on Risk Management (ISO 31000) and takes into consideration the specificities of the T&C sector.MORE
Coherence of the tool with existing standards
We have NOT reinvented the wheel! Our tool has been developed in order to be 100% coherent with the most important existing CSR related standards.
Both in the Risk Assessment and in Risk Management, we have taken in due consideration the Risk Mitigation effects linked with the adoption by companies of the most relevant CSR related standards applicable to the Textile and Clothing sector.
We involved in the project the most recognised associations and NGOs that promote CSR issues in the textile sector.
In the tool, we decided to select only standards that are subjected to an audit process, according to the definitions of the ISO 19011 Guidelines that are as follows:
- Second-party audits: "conducted by parties having an interest in the organisation, such as customers, or other persons on their behalf"
- Third-party audits: " conducted by independent auditing organisations, such as regulators or those providing certifications"
Who we are
EURATEX and its EU Social partner IndustriAll agreed to coordinate an action plan started in 2013 on Corporate Social Responsibility in the Textile and Clothing sector, financed by the EU Commission under the Social dialogue Budget line, on Corporate Social Responsibility. SPIN 360 acted as consultant, developing methodologies, concepts and the tool.
• IT ALLOWS TO EVALUATE THE CURRENT CSR RISK LEVEL OF YOUR COMPANY, OF THE SUPPLY CHAIN OF A SPECIFIC PRODUCT, OF SPECIFIC SUPPLIERS
• IT ALLOWS TO IDENTIFY PRIORITIES OF ACTION
• IT ALLOWS YOU TO PLAN AND MANAGE MITIGATION MEASURES
• IT PROVIDES SUGGESTIONS AND PRACTICAL GUIDELINES TO IMPLEMENT SUCH ACTIONS
• IT ALLOWS YOU TO EVALUATE THE RESULTS OF YOUR ACTION
• IT PROVIDES A GUIDANCE FOR CONTINUAL IMPROVEMENT
• IT PROVIDES A REPOSITORY AREA FOR YOUR CSR DOCUMENTS
HOW AND WHY TO USE THE TOOL AS A …
- as it is ‘only for you’ tool, the main question is why shouldn’t you use it? CSR compliance is of growing importance and will be more and more requested by your customers and retailers. Prove them that you are working on it.
- it looks a complex tool? Try it and use the tutorial. If needed, external expertise can assist you in making full use of the tool
- OK, I made my risk analysis and detected some problem areas. The tool provides you with proposals on how you can improve performance on topics related to CSR and ISO 26000
- Do I have to do the work on my own? No, CSR compliance must be part of the DNA of your company. Involve management, trade union representatives of your company, workers to assist you in filling in the tool. In this way, you raise awareness among all your staff
- take your time to fill in the tool. The tool is a well-developed instrument and you will need some time to fill in all the boxes. But once done, the result will be an eye-opener
WORKERS’ OR TRADE UNION REPRESENTATIVE
- CSR compliance create sustainable jobs. CSR compliance of your company is an important matter for every worker.
- Approach your company management and suggest them to use the tool. Be present when the tool is used.
- Talk to your trade union and ask them to give you more background on the subject of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Do you know that trade unions in third countries have been working for years on improving working, safety, human rights and labour rights conditions in their country. If your company has supply connections to other countries, it is always possible that you provide your company management with additional information about the situation in that particular country. Ask your European and Global Trade Union Federation to establish the contacts and assist you on this.
RMT Tool guarantees data security both when accessing to data and in data storage. Specific attention has been paid when developing the Software on this very delicate and important issue.
The safety factor has been one of the basic elements during the development of the tool and in particular it was necessary to ensure the privacy without compromising access and data sharing capabilities.
RMT is based on a proprietary architecture and the source code is not publicly shared, does not use open source framework and it is encrypted.
Access to the platform and its data is managed using HTTPS, a protocol that integrates the interaction of the HTTP through a cryptographic mechanism (SSL/TLS).
The data are stored in encrypted single database, separate from additional functionality.
The platform resides on a dedicated server into a high-level server farm ISO 27001 certified.
WHO WE ARE
EURATEX and its EU Social partner IndustriAll agreed to coordinate an action plan started in 2013 on Corporate Social Responsibility in the Textile and Clothing sector, financed by the EU Commission under the Social Dialogue Budget line, on Corporate Social Responsibility. SPIN 360 acted as consultant, developing methodologies, concepts and the tool.